An "artificial device" that replaces a missing body part, which may be lost through trauma, disease, or congenital condtions.
• Bionic Hands
• Transtibial/Transfemoral Prostheses
• Partial Hand Prostheses
• Elbow Disarticulation Prostheses
• Transradial / Transhumeral Prostheses
• Hip Disarticulation
• Shoulder/Knee Disarticulation
• Partial Foot Prostheses
- Postoperative Residual Limb Shrinkers - compression garment, sock or liner designed to reduce edema
- Syme's Prostheses - ankle disarticulation amputation of the lower limb at the ankle joint
Pictured is John “Mo” Kenney a SYME’S amputee. After losing his leg in an accident when he was 7 years old, Mo has made it his life’s mission to serve the community of amputees with quality care. The whole process of losing his leg fascinated him. He wants to use his knowledge and personal experience to help his patients achieve their greatest potential.
- Transfemoral Prostheses ("AK" Above the knee) - amputation through the femur (thigh bone) between the hip joint and the knee joint
Transtibial Prostheses - amputation of the lower limb between the knee joint and the ankle joint
• Cranial Helmet - used for Plagiocephaly, also known as “flathead” syndrome. It is a condition characterized by a flat spot on one side of the head, caused by remaining in supine position for too long.
- Custom Ankle-Foot Orthoses - orthosis that can encompasses the ankle joint and whole or part of the foot.
- Custom Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses (KAFO) - orthosis that encompasses the knee, ankle joint, and the foot.
• LSO and TLSO Orthoses for the Spine - Lumbo-Sacral Orthosis: orthosis that encompasses the whole or part of the lumbar and sacro-iliac regions of the trunk. (Picture as shown on the right.)
• Hip Abduction Orthoses
• Custom Hip-Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses (AFO)
• Sports Knee Braces / Custom Knee Orthoses
• Back Supports
• Cervical Collars
We also have staff trained in the folowing:
- MAS Socket Design
- Microprocessor Knee System (C-Leg/Genium and Mark-3)
- Controlled Knee-Shin System
- Otto Bock Harmony System
- Vacuum Assisted Suspension System
- Myoelectric Upper Extremity fittings